Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quick update

I've been away for a few days. There is something I've been meaning to write, and surely many things I need to catch up on. For the moment, I just want to note a fascinating new blog devoted to Hebrew books, and a dissertation available in full text online, as part of Gil Student's Open Access Project. The dissertation deals with one of the commentaries on Tractate Avot composed in the fifteenth century. As far as I can tell, it does not deal much with the general rebirth of interest in the Mishna in the pre-modern period, a fascinating topic that has yet to be plumbed. Gidon Rothstein, in this work, seems to focus more on questions of interpretation. Anyway, it's nice that more material is becoming available online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home